Author Topic: Crop marks and separations  (Read 4495 times)

Offline Glenn

Re: Crop marks and separations
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2007, 05:38:53 AM »
that post appears to have been culled :(

here is the text 8)
Using Quark 6. Anybody an idea why I can't choose "leave color unchanged" (just like in InDesign) in the Output tab of "Export to PDF". The option "unchanged" is not highlighted and therefore I can't select it.   
Very likely you have color management turned on inside your QuarkXPress 6 preferences.
Active color management and unchanged out doesn't fit together

Be aware of the fact that there's still a big difference between the Unchanged output mode of QuarkXPress 6.x and Adobe InDesign CS.
In QuarkXPress 6 it means that every document color which is not CMYK and not spot color is output as device dependent RGB (DeviceRGB) color. This means that you neither can have different RGB color nor mixed Lab and RGB color in you document because all will be written out the same way and even worse without any calibration information which allows to recognize in the later workflow what RGB it is. This way this function is useless for a worfklow which is aimed to output neutral color information and which shifts the color transformation(s) to the end of the workflow (e.g. into the output device).
Another problem is that you'll possibly lose some spot color information. Namely in all cases in which only the new DeviceN output mode is able to preserve the spot color (blends, colorized TIFFs and Multi-inks).
rzacherl

Offline Erik Youngren

• Robotech and Rolemaster freak.
    • Wandering Monk Rolemaster Forums
Re: Crop marks and separations
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2007, 10:14:24 AM »
Thanks Glenn. At least I can now fully explain what the issue was. I should have looked at my print style to begin with. Sheesshhh..... :-[

Erik Youngren
Wandering Monk Rolemaster Forums
17" Powerbook G4 1.67Ghz • 2GB RAM •OSX 10.4.11 • QXP 8.5 • ID CS4 • Suitcase Fusion 2