Author Topic: [SOLVED] Preflight Droplet  (Read 1688 times)

Offline larsen67

[SOLVED] Preflight Droplet
« on: July 17, 2007, 03:13:40 AM »
In Adobe Acrobat I have a few preflight droplets that reside on my desktop folder. These droplets are the ones created in the application itself and not Applescript applications. The droplet itself is an application and not some kind of "special" folder. My question is is there a way to move files into this so that they are processed and sorted to the Passed/Failed folders? I realise that this is probably possible through some cumbersome UI scripting but wondered if there is a regular script route? Its a long shot I know but Acrobat is short on scriptable features and preflight would be mighty useful.

Offline larsen67

Re: Preflight Droplet
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 06:42:05 AM »
Well, this dilemma turns out to be much easier than I had at first anticipated. I've run a few bare bones tests so far and the shell command "open -a" appears to work a treat. If this turns out to be the case I should be able to create a whole preflight handler to add the the end of my workflow. Im a very happy bunny today with this discovery.

001   set AcrobatDroplet to choose file with prompt "Find the Application to open with"
002   set PreflightPDF to choose file with prompt "Find the file to open"
003   do shell script "open -a" & space & (quoted form of (POSIX path of AcrobatDroplet)) & space & (quoted form of (POSIX path of PreflightPDF))