Author Topic: Bar Code Software  (Read 3414 times)

Offline larsen67

Bar Code Software
« on: August 07, 2007, 10:38:01 AM »
Recommendations anybody? We have a mac running classic which has a stand alone app that we've been using for years to do this. Its days are numbered with some reshuffling here. My requirements are OSX.3.9 or above (no intels) need EAN-8 & EAN-13 just would like a few opinions before I start searching. TMV

Offline marcusstringer

• Midland Typesetters
Re: Bar Code Software
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 05:08:22 PM »
Here is what I use...

http://www.intellisw.com/barcodeproducer/index.shtml

It does everything you want plus heaps more.

I mainly barcode books,  ISBNs etc

But I've also had to produce barcodes for containers, etc. It does it all

Offline Publi-Script

• Administrator
  • Automate your Life!
    • Publi-Script.com
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 08:38:56 PM »
I personally use Barcode Pro (www.snx.com), in fact I also plan on adding a Bar Code "on demand" service on my website when (or if) it finally gets done!
Michel Lemieux
Forum Administrator
-------------------------
OS X 10.6.4
Quark 6.5 / 7.5 / 8.1.6
Adobe Design Premium CS / CS2 / CS3 / CS4 / CS5
Script Debugger 4.5

Offline Glenn

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 03:09:54 AM »
Using Agamik barcoder v3.2 here (like you currently running on OS9 booted mac). There is an OSX version available.
I've had cause to e-mail their support in the past and got a response within an hour, thats a big plus for me.

I had to create a Wickes barcode, turned out there are two hidden numbers with these, they e-mailed the numbers based on a low res scan I sent them.

Agamik offer to update new symbiologies as they become available for free, though I've never needed to add to the vast range.

Offline larsen67

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 03:38:42 AM »
Thank you both. What we have at present is a very old version of Barcode Pro from well before I started here, it has the elephant sound and has been rock solid. The update/re-purchase of this is pretty expensive by comparison to others now available. I did find one thats scriptable:
http://www.computalabel.com/mbcindex.htm
but thats not going to be a requirement for me. Barcode Producer was from my first check looking like a good option at less than half the cost, so its good to here from someone with first hand knowledge of it. I did also come across this one too:
http://www.peninsula-group.com/Barcode/
Although I've not heard of this one before. I did also find a couple that were XT's and plug-ins but these were no different in cost to the stand alones which would be my personal preference.
Glenn you've posted while I was typing my responce thanks I will take a look at that too. Im trying to get rid of any classic machines we only have a couple each for a single purpose. As my memory of how to fix these things when they do decide to play up is becoming very fuzzy.

Offline Glenn

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 04:06:14 AM »
Just had a check through my records, it turns out Agamik cost us 365 back in July 2000. I thought it was a lot cheaper than that (about 100). I think the some of the others look better value for money especially if you only do a few symbiologies.

Offline larsen67

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 04:20:32 AM »
I would hope that I can buy direct and take advantage of the exchange rate and not the Quark/Adobe $=