Author Topic: Some "hidden" keyboard shorcuts?  (Read 5763 times)

Offline larsen67

Re: Some "hidden" keyboard shorcuts?
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2007, 03:44:52 AM »
I use this a lot but would have prefered page coords instead. I see what you mean about Shift F10 being inconsistent at first I too was like eric all seamed well but then oops its not haven't been able to work out why.
option+click master is nice

I don't think comm+F6 is listed for current font in usage and alt+comm+F6 for current pic in usage provided you have something selected. I use these with the more info option on.

Offline Jean-Marie Schwartz

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2007, 05:12:08 AM »
I don't think comm+F6 is listed for current font in usage and alt+comm+F6 for current pic in usage provided you have something selected. I use these with the more info option on.
I don't think either they are listed somewhere I know of.
Always good to know they exist! Thanks!
Jean-Marie Schwartz
May the Schwartz be with you :-)

= Mac Pro Quad-Core Intel 2.8 GHz • 10 Go 1066 MHz DDR3 • Mac OS 10.8.5 • QuarkXPress 9.5.4.1 • Adobe CS5 =

Offline Erik Youngren

• Robotech and Rolemaster freak.
    • Wandering Monk Rolemaster Forums
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2007, 09:38:44 AM »
Didn't know about CMD+F6 and CMD+OPTN+F6. I will have to try those when I get to work.

Re, OPTN+F10 and cycling through masters, maybe I am just lucky. The only time I ever had an issue was with XPress 4.11 running under Classic. Anytime I went to a master and then used the key command, bang XPress quit. Strangely enough, it's been working fine just recently (although I have only recently tried this again). But I've never had the issue in XPress 6.

This might be a simple one you guys already know about, but if you select an image and then hit OPTN+F13, your Usage box for images will come up with the selected image highlighted in the box. I use this as a quick way sometimes to find out the name of an image and it's path. (Yeah, I have Badia's XT, but sometimes this is faster in a given situation for me.)

EDIT: I finally tried this at work and it seems to be the same as the tip I just suggested above. Interesting.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 11:11:14 AM by Erik Youngren »

Erik Youngren
Wandering Monk Rolemaster Forums
17" Powerbook G4 1.67Ghz • 2GB RAM •OSX 10.4.11 • QXP 8.5 • ID CS4 • Suitcase Fusion 2

Offline AutoFetishist

Its Shift F10 that's "broken"
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2007, 07:48:13 AM »
Option F10 still seems to do the trick. And its a nice one.

Offline AutoFetishist

Not quite a keyboard-only shortcut, but gives me that same groovy feeling:
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2007, 07:56:07 AM »
When you need to do a thumb drag between two open documents:

Hold down Option, go to the Window menu, and select "Tile"

God I love finding these. I got this one from a cranky old coworker who's about to retire in January.

Offline tony p

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2008, 09:57:31 AM »
On a Mac, I think that  ctrl-shift-cmd-]  or [  for adjusting wordspacing of selected text by 10 units of an em is fairly well-known...
but crtl-shift-alt-cmd-] or [  for single units seems to be less well known.

Anything involving the use of 5 keys is of uncertain status as keyboard shortcut unless you have the manual dexterity of a flautist, but it seems to be the only way of doing it!

Offline Jean-Marie Schwartz

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2009, 07:56:32 AM »
I just discovered a new one (on 7.5): Cmd-Shift-clicking the green button in the upper left corner of the window has a drop down menu that is a simplified version of the Window menu.
Don't know if it is of any help to some of you though  :)
Jean-Marie Schwartz
May the Schwartz be with you :-)

= Mac Pro Quad-Core Intel 2.8 GHz • 10 Go 1066 MHz DDR3 • Mac OS 10.8.5 • QuarkXPress 9.5.4.1 • Adobe CS5 =