Author Topic: and more to think of !  (Read 2108 times)

Offline chardonnay

and more to think of !
« on: March 23, 2007, 07:18:25 PM »
Acrobat Pro - Enfocus Pitstop and so on

Hi Michel, great you've started this forum!

Some ideas: Acrobat Professional . Enfocus PitStop discussion? Or rather keep this as in subcategory 'PDF workflow'... Seems to me they are important enough to have a category on their own.

How about systeminfo and versions of applications? Mind that people will not always info about that. Maybe options on providing those in your profile settings?

Cheers, Erwin

Offline Publi-Script

• Administrator
  • Automate your Life!
    • Publi-Script.com
Re: and more to think of !
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 11:04:57 AM »
Some ideas: Acrobat Professional . Enfocus PitStop discussion? Or rather keep this as in subcategory 'PDF workflow'... Seems to me they are important enough to have a category on their own.

How about systeminfo and versions of applications? Mind that people will not always info about that. Maybe options on providing those in your profile settings?

Cheers, Erwin
Hi Erwin,

Thank you for your kind comments.

Excellent ideas about Acrobat and PitStop. I guess I tended to "write" about what I knew and since I do not personally use PitStop it never made my list.
That said I know how much this product is used. I will amend the "XTensions" category to read "extensions and Plugins" and include it there.

Same for Acrobat, it will have its own space.

As for the system info. You read my mind, That was one of my request on the "other" forum and already started its implementation here. The fact that I "rushed" launching this board meant that not all of my ideas were fully implemented.

Those "system info" fields are present in the database they are just not activated yet. Once I am happy with how they get work, I will activate them.

I was also thinking about making them "required" information. What do you all think of that?
My thinking behind this is that the majority of the first replies to any support question is asking for the user OS and application versions.

Hope this helps!

Michel
Michel Lemieux
Forum Administrator
-------------------------
OS X 10.6.4
Quark 6.5 / 7.5 / 8.1.6
Adobe Design Premium CS / CS2 / CS3 / CS4 / CS5
Script Debugger 4.5

Offline mpeschen

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 03:35:32 AM »
Those "system info" fields are present in the database they are just not activated yet. Once I am happy with how they get work, I will activate them.

I was also thinking about making them "required" information. What do you all think of that?
My thinking behind this is that the majority of the first replies to any support question is asking for the user OS and application versions...

Hi,

although I am pretty new here to the 'scripting world' I know from my tech support time how important correct sys info is. So I can fully underline this idea to make it mandatory.

Cheers, Markus

Offline Jean-Marie Schwartz

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 03:46:36 AM »
Hi All!
On my side I think there is nothing contrary to the Laws as to request system info on these forums.
As Markus said it might be a crucial info in some cases. And there is nothing "private" in that info. So go on!

Jean-Marie
Jean-Marie Schwartz
May the Schwartz be with you :-)

= Mac Pro Quad-Core Intel 2.8 GHz 10 Go 1066 MHz DDR3 Mac OS 10.8.5 QuarkXPress 9.5.4.1 Adobe CS5 =