Author Topic: Leopard  (Read 3514 times)

Offline Glenn

Leopard
« on: January 24, 2008, 11:57:00 AM »
Just wondering how anybody is finding OSX10.5 with regards to Quark, CS3, and Pitstop?

Offline chardonnay

Re: Leopard
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 03:37:33 PM »
In a Dutch review I've read that 10.5 with CS3 has certain problems (f.e. hiding ID will result in a stall or freeze of the application). Acrobat Pro also seems to have various problems.

In January/February 2008, releases of updates for as well the Creative Suite and Leopard (10.5.2) should improve things.

Note that not all (printer)drivers and software are updated for compatibility with Leopard yet. It is strongly recommended to do a query if peripherals and other software will work under Leopard.

Enfocus doesn't mention anything on compatibility of PitStop on Leopard (see the system requirements) up to yet. So it is very well possible that this product will give problems with it, yet it might also just work. Anyone else?

I did an install of Leopard and CS3 on a G4 for a friend of mine. Besides the fact that the machine is a little outdated (installation/updating took several hours), all seems to work relatively okay.

In the very near future we will place a new intelmac with Leopard and CS3,  i'm curious on how this will effect all.

Keep you informed:-)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 03:41:00 PM by chardonnay »

Offline chardonnay

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 03:05:46 PM »
Well, working for a week with Leopard:

most things seem to work okay, however a Xanté Ilumina printerdriver isn't yet updated for Leopard.
Also I still have to check if PitStop works okay, meanwhile i'll leave those under Tiger.

For the (nasty) hide ID CS3 bug there is a solution:

erase the applicationprefs: press Command, Option, Control and Shift  while launching InDesign.
Manually: erase content from Adobe en Adobe InDesign folders from folder: ~/Library/Caches [~ is home folder]. After relaunching InDesign it should function normal
. (from mac-zone.nl)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 03:19:00 PM by chardonnay »

Offline Glenn

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 05:02:53 AM »
I've read that if you start ID, then immediately quit , then start ID again, this also fixes the Hide bug.

Offline Glenn

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 07:43:51 AM »
Any better with 10.5.4?

Offline chardonnay

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2008, 04:45:54 PM »
Well, just back from holiday, I will check upcoming week. Seems there's also a CS3 update.

Offline chardonnay

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2008, 04:18:11 AM »
10.5.4 / ID 5.0.3: The 'hide' bug is still there :-|