Author Topic: Unable to connect to new Quark forum  (Read 15446 times)

Offline Jean-Marie Schwartz

Unable to connect to new Quark forum
« on: June 02, 2008, 11:00:13 AM »
Hi guys!
I jealously see some of you are connected to the new forums at Quarks but on my side I can't manage to login.
The message I get is: "Invalid User Credentials. The username and/or password cannot be validated, or your account is locked out or has not been approved yet." (Though I kept the info from 2004 and everything is OK.)
So I've asked for recovering my password. I got an email with a link but when I click it I get another message: "Access Denied. You do not have permissions to perform the requested action."

What's up over there? Is this one of the new anti-terrorist US action against brave Belgians? Or is it just normal and I simply have to create a brand new login?
Jean-Marie Schwartz
May the Schwartz be with you :-)

= Mac Pro Quad-Core Intel 2.8 GHz 10 Go 1066 MHz DDR3 Mac OS 10.8.5 QuarkXPress 9.5.4.1 Adobe CS5 =

Offline larsen67

Re: Unable to connect to new Quark forum
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 03:16:56 AM »
Jean Marie, how have you gone on with this are you in yet? I got the email about resetting my password had no issues getting on. Have had one or two with the new site but these are known to the webmaster and hopefully they will be resolved quickly.

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 05:36:17 AM »
Thank you for the interest you take.
Unfortunately I've got no news so far. I'll let you know.
Jean-Marie Schwartz

= Mac Pro Quad-Core Intel 2.8 GHz 10 Go 1066 MHz DDR3 Mac OS 10.8.5 QuarkXPress 9.5.4.1 Adobe CS5 =

Offline larsen67

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 06:47:46 AM »
I see you've made yourself a new temporary account until it gets resolved. I would imagine they will have a lot on at the moment with the switch. Good thing is a few of the issues that I was having have already been fixed which is a positive sign. I would agree with Michel and keep out the Belgains unless bribed with chocolate.

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 07:17:30 AM »
I see you've made yourself a new temporary account until it gets resolved. I would imagine they will have a lot on at the moment with the switch. Good thing is a few of the issues that I was having have already been fixed which is a positive sign. I would agree with Michel and keep out the Belgains unless bribed with chocolate.
In my dialect we say: "C'est todi les p'tits qu'on spotche" (quite untranslatable, like "the small are always smashed" or so).
Hum! Then what? Shall I create a brand new account named "Leonidas" or "Galler" or so with a nice avatar like this one or this one or this one?
Just let me know and I'll see what I can do!
Jean-Marie Schwartz

Offline Publi-Script

• Administrator
  • Automate your Life!
    • Publi-Script.com
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 10:31:04 AM »
Damn!!!

Looks like the filter does not work here!  ;D

Yes, I could see where "chocolate bribes" would advance your cause...

Kidding aside, I experienced a small "hickup" w/r to my user-account too but as soon as I got though the "forgotten password" scenario, everything cam back as normal... Too bad for them, I keep coming in with new stuff to think about!  ;)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 08:56:41 AM by Publi-Script »
Michel Lemieux
Forum Administrator
-------------------------
OS X 10.6.4
Quark 6.5 / 7.5 / 8.1.6
Adobe Design Premium CS / CS2 / CS3 / CS4 / CS5
Script Debugger 4.5

Offline Glenn

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 08:21:55 AM »
how do I get the chocolate?
glad to see they let you back in to the forums.

As Belgium failed to qualify, who are you supporting for Euro2008?

I'm going for Switzerland... because of the chocolate.
I'm also going for Number 9 in our office sweepstake, but I'll find out which team is 9 tomorrow.

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2008, 11:30:56 AM »
how do I get the chocolate?
Well, exclusively here in my avatar. That's a "plus" from this forum. You'll only get my face on the other one.  :P
glad to see they let you back in to the forums.
:) Thank you! Though I did manage earlier using all my cleverness and faking an Unwanted guy (Quark cannot suffer Unwanted forum users  ;) ).
As Belgium failed to qualify, who are you supporting for Euro2008?
No one.  :P (Though my wife is French. I'll have to see. When we got married late June 1998, we went on Honeymoon to Cuba where people caught at once we are "French". The first time a Cuban asked me if I were French I said "No, I'm a Belgian". He soon made me understand Belgium was not so good in the World Cup at that time... Hum! I then said I'm French  :-\ )
Plus Justine gave up. Roland Garros is no more interesting to me  :'(
I'm going for Switzerland... because of the chocolate.
What? Do you want me to kick you out?  ;D

Jean-Marie Schwartz

Offline Glenn

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2008, 11:48:25 AM »
oops sorry I thought the Avatar was beer.
mmmm Belgian Beer ;D

They made the sweepstake draw this afternoon so I'm supporting the Netherlands now, I think I'll have to buy something orange 8)

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2008, 02:45:00 AM »
oops sorry I thought the Avatar was beer.
mmmm Belgian Beer ;D
(This is more of a Sofa Thread  ::) )
The kind of cans in the avatar are full of chocolates called "Langues de Chat", named after the famous "Le Chat" (a sort of philosophical cat with typical belgian humour - great!), designed by Philippe Geluck.
Though belgian beer is very good too  8)

They made the sweepstake draw this afternoon so I'm supporting the Netherlands now, I think I'll have to buy something orange 8)
No comment (I don't know why but I dislike Holland and orange... Maybe sth very deep in my unconscious back to time when Holland took over Namur  >:( - like back in the 17th  :-\ - Wikipedia).
Jean-Marie Schwartz