Author Topic: Adobe's Forum Migration  (Read 3434 times)

Offline larsen67

Adobe's Forum Migration
« on: March 19, 2009, 04:49:57 AM »
Anybody else having problems with this or is it just me being a bit thick? To migrate my existing account to the new system I need to go fill a form. That form will NOT let me change location from the USA and insists my postcode must be zip code either 00000 or another format I can't recall. I have been there several times thinking it may be repaired but its the same every time!!! Looks like it's going to be like the last bugger up they made.

Offline Emma

Re: Adobe's Forum Migration
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 09:36:00 AM »
I just did it without problems. The only form was to register an Adobe ID. That let me enter postcode (had you selected United Kingdom above??). Then I found I already had an ID! After that it was just a matter of logging in.

Not that I ever go there though. I'd rather ask Quark users about ID if I get stuck, they're less hostile!
------------
Quark 6.5
OS X 10.4.8
G4

Offline larsen67

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 10:19:39 AM »
Emma, Its been that much hassle I may not bother. I already had an Adobe ID it won't let me use my name as I did before. The page is locked to the USA thats why its insisting on the format of the zip code. Even tried to just sod it and go for a new one and its telling me it can't accept my email address as its in use by another account! it's new never been used before. Looks like its going to be a bigger dogs dinner than the last time. A territorial pi$$ing ground it can be… not to worry

Offline Glenn

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 09:54:41 AM »
I must have really missed something. I cant see any forms to fill for the new forums. Did they come on-line then go off again?
So far whenever Adobe or Quark have changed their forums its been a bit of a headache. I still get caught out typing replies on the quark forum with Safari. And why did they take away who started the threads info?

Offline larsen67

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 01:02:54 PM »
Glenn, this is what I get when ever I go there "You have guest access to browse. To post a message or add a topic, you must login or register."
At using the Login I get the dialog with 2 options do it later or now. Up to now I keep choosing later as every time I try do now I get this dammed USA form. Last time they did this it was back to the old forums within a week. I don't know what the hell is happening with my account. It should transfer the data but it looks like I will just choose to create a new one once its changed.

Offline Glenn

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 03:29:38 AM »
I've had to get through the log-in a few times recently but I put that down to switching browsers, computers or User accounts (which I've had a lot of trouble with recently). Adobe confused things a while back by changing the Adobe ID No. to an email address, I think I ended up with 2 of each but isn't the forum different again.

Offline larsen67

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 05:30:55 AM »
Well I've just got around to checking out the re-launch of the new style forums expecting to be blocked and its let me in well I never… First impression is slow as hell…