Author Topic: CS5  (Read 2438 times)

Offline Glenn

CS5
« on: May 05, 2010, 07:49:22 AM »
Anybody here tried CS5 yet?

I downloaded the Design Premium trial yesterday but not installed it just yet.

Offline larsen67

Re: CS5
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 11:15:18 AM »
Might get the trial download to test at home. Was hoping to get CS4 just before this was released but bosses dismissed it. (Would have just hung on to the free CS5 upgrade for a while before installing). Looks like we will have to hop skip & jump it now. Not looking forward to that. I have seen posts about Applescript and CS5's Photoshop being broken in what looks a big way. (I've mostly switched to ExtendScript but this may affect others here).

Offline Glenn

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 03:43:14 AM »
Hi larsen

I suggested getting CS4 to the boss and got the same dismissal, I'm really reluctant to upgrade our one intel mac to snow leopard as I know I can't afford to lose most of the software running on it. I guess I'll trial CS5 on Leopard and that will be it until things here turn.

Offline larsen67

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 06:12:52 AM »
We purposely upgraded our studio macs to the last of the (now old IBM G5's) to avoid any of the teething problems relating to the Intel switch over. The idea was to hold back (around 12-18 months) until all the developers had had plenty of time to get the upgrades & patches out there plus any problems would be well documented before we ever encounter them… Both CS3 & CS4 fell on deaf ears when I asked for the upgrade funding. A few new app features does not impress the powers that be unfortunately. Due to the economic climate of late a lot of things I would liked to have in place have not been implemented. As we 99% create our own work Im not even able to say we need this to open and work with supplied files… Come the day something will force the issue hardwear failure etc. then its going to be an expensive exercise and a large headache for me… What makes me laugh is I've better kit and more storage space on my dinning table at home than Im equipped with at work… Would have liked CS4 on the home box as CS2 is holding my learning of scripting back some.