Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10]
Quark XPress scripting / Re: QUARK | Selecting Web-addresses
« Last post by Jean-Marie Schwartz on June 26, 2012, 04:02:31 AM »
Hi! I can't seem to get the German quotation marks being part of a word neither. Though the copied glyph seems to be processed correctly for changing its delimit type, it's not taken into account in the next step that is applying the Char Style to the word. Odd!  :-\

Also I'm really confused about it but the old delimit table is not restorable as such. So you'd need to restore every single delimit item on its own. The same in the error handler! I'm afraid the table is now changed because of that and thus it's not the default one as shipped with the app. The same most probably occurred here so I'll somehow copy it from QXP 9.2 and restore it in QXP 9.3. Hope you can restore the default too. If not, please report.
Quark XPress scripting / QUARK | Selecting Web-addresses
« Last post by gestyle on June 25, 2012, 10:52:26 AM »

Iím working on a city-guide, approx 160 pages. The following script filters the webaddresses through the whole document and applies a dedicated style I created for them. Itís nearly perfect Ė here are a screenshot-explanation and the actual sript-version:

Whatís missing: Iíd like the script to also select the quotation marks (99, low 99 and 66) with the rest of the webaddresses in a single step. My syntax seems not to work properly.

I received some help but Iím not fit enough in oder to fix it all. Hints would be appreciated!

Iím on QUARK 8.5.1 and MAC OS 10.7.4 for this project.
Quark XPress scripting / Re: Using Price Style from Styletricks XT in applescript
« Last post by Fpausch on June 04, 2012, 06:11:16 AM »
yes I'm with you :)
ill try it this way.
hope you are open minded for further questions if script won't do what i want :)
Depending on how your text is set, you should. Checking for text whose character style is Price, target the 2 last chars if eligible (donít know if every single price shows cent units), then apply a specific (even AS-created) character style sheet. Are you with me?
Quark XPress scripting / Re: Using Price Style from Styletricks XT in applescript
« Last post by Fpausch on June 01, 2012, 02:02:45 AM »
uhhm first thanks for reply
second sorry i mixed it up .... i mean typetricks  and the apply the style price..

but i think i know what you mean ...
i should script offset behind cent-point and apply type changes direct ?
Xtensions sometimes have their own dictionary and are scriptable. But not all of them. So I guess that one is not scriptable.
Youíd better think differently (if possible! Iím not dealing with prices nor Styletricks Ė or is it Typetricks? Ė so I donít know if itís doable) and change the prices would it be by scripting.
Quark XPress scripting / Using Price Style from Styletricks XT in applescript
« Last post by Fpausch on May 31, 2012, 09:33:18 AM »
Hello Community...
search won't help me..
so i ask :)

How can i use the Price Style from the style tricks XT in Q8 in applescript

using "price" oder "Price" won't do anything.

I need it because of update XLS table withs prices destroys applied price style in shared bigger price tags near the product picture.
Quark XPress support / lock picture box to text in quarkxpress 8.0
« Last post by mbakhtiar on May 12, 2012, 09:39:19 AM »
lock picture box to text in quarkxpress 8.0
Quark XPress scripting / Re: Weird text box properties from selection...
« Last post by TecNik on March 30, 2012, 07:37:12 AM »
Thanks Jean-Marie, spot-on! That's sorted it.

For anyone else here's Emma's solution:-

ApplescriptEditor must be set to 'Open in 32 bit mode' (via Info box from application icon).

Come to think of it, my machine had it's system updated not so long ago!
Oh! wait a minute! Iíve just read Emmaís message on Quark forums:
There might be your solution.
Isnít it all funny?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10]